(wany edge)

The irregular edge of a board or veneer cut from a log which has not first been squared, commonly seen in a lap panel fence and in the weatherboard cladding of some older buildings such as barns.

This definition is abridged from A – Z of tree terms: A companion to British arboriculture.
Read the preface. Order the book.

Previous term | Next term